RICHMOND, VA (WWBT) - School is now back in session. Even if you have a regular childcare program in place for your kids after school, sometimes you need or want a little more than your usual YMCA or Boys and Girls Club.
Luckily, here in the Richmond area, we have a wide range of programs that fit any age group.
Here's a list of some places that offer programs:
- Regency Dance Academy -This academy was voted “Best Dance Studio for Children and Adults” in Richmond. It offers recreational and professional dance classes for all ages from 3 to 83.
- Inspire Martial Arts and Fitness – This martial arts center offers a before- and after-school program with after-school transportation from some schools. They also include programs on most county school days off at no additional charge.
- Peak Experiences Indoor Rock Climbing Center - It offers youth team programs for all age groups teaching the fundamentals of rock climbing.
- Studio Guitar - A private music studio that teaches students how to play the guitar and works with autistic students.
- All Fired Up - A hands-on clay-painting workshop that offers eight clay building programs, as well as an in-studio after-school program that offers lessons in pottery painting, glass fusing and wet clay building.
- The Young Chef’s Academy - This is a place where young chefs get to explore basic cooking techniques. Classes are available for age groups ranging from 4 to 18 years old.
- Visual Arts Center of Richmond - It offers after-school art classes for kids ages 6 to 14 include learning to sew, metal creations, digital photography and movie-making.
If you don't think you can afford any of those options, here are a couple of freebies: Henrico PAL offers a free Dance Program on Thursday night and free open gym night on Wednesday.
Those options are just of small fraction of what Richmond has to really offer. A blog called "Richmond mom" lists every after-school program throughout the city.
Copyright 2017 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved