(WWBT) - After a recent break in the heat and humidity, it will be returning with a vengeance beginning Monday with the peak of a "mini heat wave" occurring on Tuesday and Wednesday.
This is when the actual high temperatures are expected to reach the mid 90s and when you factor in the humidity, it will feel closer to 105° during the afternoon. For that reason, both Tuesday and Wednesday are FIRST ALERT WEATHER DAYS:
If you plan to spend an extended period of time outdoors, PLEASE EXERCISE CAUTION and remember your heat safety tips:
1. Wear the loose fitting, light colored clothing.
2. Stay well hydrated by drinking plenty of water.
3. Take frequent breaks in the shade or better yet, the air conditioning.
4. Remember to make your pets have plenty of water and a cool place to be during the hottest part of the day.
6. Check on elderly friends or relatives.
Temperatures are expected to cool back into the 80s by later in the week as a cold front moves into the area. This will also increase the potential for cooling showers and thunderstorms beginning later Thursday and lasting into the weekend.
Copyright 2018 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved.