RICHMOND, VA (WWBT) - It's almost time for tax-free weekend. The three-day sales tax holiday starts on Friday, Aug. 3 and ends on Sunday, Aug. 5.
The list of items that are eligible include most back-to-school items, as well as items to help state residents prepare for hurricanes.
Here's what will be tax free this weekend:
- School supplies, clothing, and footwear
- Qualified school supplies - $20 or less per item
- Qualified clothing and footwear - $100 or less per item
- Hurricane and emergency preparedness products
- Portable generators - $1,000 or less per item
- Gas-powered chainsaws - $350 or less per item
- Chainsaw accessories - $60 or less per item
- Other specified hurricane preparedness items - $60 or less per item
- Energy Star and WaterSense products
- Qualifying Energy Star™ or WaterSense™ products purchased for noncommercial home or personal use - $2,500 or less per item
Copyright 2018 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved.