WASHINGTON, D.C. (WWBT) - Firefighters in Washington, D.C. rescued two pets from a burning building over the weekend.
The fire started at a two-story middle row building in the 500 block of 23rd Place NE. Crews pulled "Sheeba" the dog and "Mousie" the cat from the building and used oxygen masks "specifically designed for animals" to revive them. Mousie was then taken to an animal hospital for further treatment.
A second cat died from the fire. No one else was hurt, but the fire has displaced the residents.
June is National Pet Preparedness Month. Here are some tips to help you plan for your pets in the case of an emergency.
Copyright 2018 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved.