Renaming J.E.B. Stuart will cost $26K
RICHMOND, VA (WWBT) - The Richmond School Board has released a breakdown of how much it would cost to rename the only city school named after a confederate general.
It would cost $26,000 to change everything that currently has the name "J.E.B Stuart Elementary" on it.
Here is the list of items:
- Wooden sign in front: $2,500
- Marquee: $2,500
- Bronze plaque: $4,000
- Etched stone facade (remediation): $10,000
- Rubber mats: $2,000
- Stationary, envelopes, business cards: $2,000
- Pens, pencils, other branded office supplies: $500
- T-shirts for students and staff: $2,000
- Banners: $500
School leaders want to hear your feedback. If you'd like to weigh in on the name change, they are holding a meeting Tuesday night at 6 p.m., at the Claude Perkins Center at VUU.
Copyright 2018 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved.