Friday's Mega Millions jackpot increases to $521 million
(WWBT) - The jackpot for Friday's Mega Millions drawing has jumped up to an estimated $521 million. If the winner took the cash option, they would receive $317 million before taxes.
The previous jackpot was $502 million. The jackpot increased due to strong ticket sales across the country.
This is the fourth time the Mega Millions jackpot has toppled over $500 million, according to CNBC.
Here is the list of the largest lottery jackpots in U.S. history:
- $1.586 billion (Powerball)
- $758.7 million (Powerball)
- $656 million (Mega Millions)
- $648 million (Mega Millions)
- $590.5 million (Powerball)?
??Copyright 2018 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved.