RICHMOND, VA (WWBT) - Richmond Fire officials say a woman has died from injuries she sustained in a house fire Thursday afternoon.
Officers say she died Saturday.
She had second, and third degree burns, after a fire broke out at her home on Delaware Avenue, around noon Thursday.
A neighbor helped the woman get out through a window.
Investigators say the fire was sparked by discarded smoking materials at the foot of the bed, which caught the mattress on fire.
Fire officials have not yet released the woman's identity.
Copyright 2017 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved