Chesterfield house fire likely started in laundry room

Chesterfield house fire likely started in laundry room
(Source: Chesterfield Fire)
(Source: Chesterfield Fire)

CHESTERFIELD, VA (WWBT) - Chesterfield fire officials say a house fire on Tuesday afternoon likely started in the laundry room.

There were no reports of injuries at the house, which is in the 7400 block of Winterleaf Court near Beulah Road.

Smoke and damage to the house's siding was visible in photos from the Chesterfield Fire Department.

Fire crews say the homeowner was using a dryer at the time of the fire, which remains under investigation.

Copyright 2017 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved