HENRICO, VA (WWBT) - Students at the 11th annual Deep Run Marathon Dance raised nearly $175,000 for nonprofits in Virginia this past weekend.
The 367 students started dancing on Friday night and left 27 hours later, bringing in $174,688 for a dozen organizations. In its 11-year history, the event has raised more than $1.9 million for nonprofits.
"The Deep Run Marathon Dance ranks second nationally in fundraising for such events," Henrico Public Schools said in a news release.
The money raised this past weekend will be distributed to:
- Boys to Men Mentoring Network of Virginia
- Church Hill Activities and Tutoring
- Full Circle Grief Center
- Gracie’s Guardians (Richmond Animal League)
- Hope for Families
- Keep Virginia Beautiful
- Making of Miracle Stories Animal
- Rescue of Virginia (MOMSVa)
- OAR of Richmond
- Piedmont Search and Rescue
- The Cameron K. Gallagher Memorial Foundation
- The Sophie House
- Wintergreen Adaptive Sports
For more information, visit marathondance.org.
Copyright 2017 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved