CHESTERFIELD, VA (WWBT) - Two adults and one child were displaced after a fire broke out at their Chesterfield home early Sunday morning.
The fire happened at 3:56 a.m. in the 15700 block of Fire Light Place. When crews arrived on the scene, they found heavy fire on the back deck that spread to the back of the house and the attic.
It took firefighters more than an hour to get the fire under control. Two firefighters suffered minor injuries that required treatment.
Fire officials say the fire was accidental and started as a result of a discarded cigar in the back yard, near the deck.
Copyright 2017 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved.