HENRICO, VA (WWBT) - Seven new telecommunications towers have been approved to go up in Henrico County.
It's part of a multi-million dollar regional project to replace the current system emergency responders, police and fire use to communicate. The board of supervisors approved the permits on Tuesday. The towers will range from 174 feet to 360 feet.
The system will be a joint effort with Henrico, Richmond, Chesterfield, Hanover and Colonial Heights.
Here is a list of locations of where the towers will be placed:
- E. Parham Road to northbound Interstate 95 - tower at 308 feet
- Vawter Avenue and East Laburnum Ave - tower at 308 feet
- Lewis Road and Charles City Road - tower at 208 feet
- WRVA Road and Kingsland Road - tower at 313 feet
- Technology Boulevard and East Williamsburg Road - tower at 358 feet
- Ridge Road and Henrico Avenue - tower at 174 feet
- Kain and Willane Roads - tower at 360 feet
Copyright 2016 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved.