CHESTERFIELD, VA (WWBT) - A Chesterfield family, including four children, was forced out of their home after a fire tore through their house.
It happened just before midnight Sunday in the 1600 block of Old Hundred Road, near Otterdale Road. Crews received the call around 12:01 a.m. Monday.
According to firefighters, the fire started in the chimney and spread into the house, forcing the family to stay elsewhere just two weeks before the holidays. It took crews about 20 minutes to get the fire under control.
Firefighters first extinguished the fire from the outside and then attacked the fire that extended into the house.
Two adults and four children were inside the home, but fire crews tell us everyone was able to get out safely.
Copyright 2016 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved