HENRICO, VA (WWBT) - As a series of potent thunderstorms moved through Henrico and the Metro Richmond region, firefighters in the county were called into action after a fire broke out at a West End home.
According to Henrico Fire, the fire was confined to a home in the 900 block of Jamerson Lane near Twin Hickory Elementary School. Once on scene, firefighters found smoke rising from the back of the two-story home.
Crews had to work to gain access to the fire, which they say was hidden in the rear walls of the home, forcing them to break through both interior and exterior walls. After removing siding and sheetrock, the seat of the fire was located and quickly extinguished.
Thankfully, no one was home when the fire broke out and fire officials believe the fire was sparked by a lightning strike near the back of the home.
Copyright 2016 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved