Advertisement

Hoverboard catches fire in Henrico after boy falls off it

Published: Mar. 17, 2016 at 1:33 AM EDT|Updated: Mar. 27, 2016 at 1:33 AM EDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

HENRICO, VA (WWBT) - Crews in Henrico responded to the scene of a parking lot in the county's West End where a hoverboard caught on fire.

The fire happened at 5:44 p.m. at an apartment complex parking lot in the 9200 block of Bethania Court, located near the intersection at Staples Mill and Hungary Spring roads.

Crews arrived on scene six minutes later and were able to put out the fire before it started to spread. The fire was marked under control at 6:25 p.m.

Fire officials say a boy noticed his hoverboard was smoking after he fell off of it. They say he then went inside to get his mother, and the hoverboard was on fire when they came back outside. He and his mom then called 911.

No one was injured.

Copyright 2016 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved.

Report an Error or Submit a Tip to NBC12