Of 355 US mass shootings in 2015, 7 took place in VA
RICHMOND, VA (WWBT) - With the San Bernardino shooting on Wednesday, the number of mass shootings in the US to date in 2015 rose to 355.
Of those, seven occurred in Virginia, according to the mass shooting tracker online database. The incidents in the Commonwealth left six dead and wounded 25. The list includes any incident in which at least four people were shot, regardless of the extent of the injuries, and may include the shooter as a victim.
The Virginia incidents in the database are:
- January 4 in Roanoke, William Cabbler shot and killed two and wounded four others at a party
- January 13 in Portsmouth, a shooter wounded five people at a nightclub
- April 19 in Richmond, a shooter wounded four people in Gilpin Court
- May 19 in Arlington, a shooter killed one and wounded three others
- July 19 in Suffolk, a shooter wounded four wounded
- July 25 William Faust allegedly shot four people with a shotgun in Hopewell
- August 26 Vester Flanagan shot and killed WDBJ journalists Alison Parker and Adam Ward and injured Vicki Gardner at Smith Mountain Lake. Flanagan later died in a police shooting.
Copyright 2015 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved