Advertisement

Blaze devours home for 10, including 7 children, in Henrico

Published: Nov. 23, 2015 at 8:16 PM EST|Updated: Dec. 3, 2015 at 8:16 PM EST
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn
Source: Henrico fire
Source: Henrico fire
Source: Henrico fire
Source: Henrico fire
Source: Henrico fire
Source: Henrico fire

HENRICO, VA (WWBT) - Ten people, including seven children, lost their home when it went up in flames in Henrico's West End.

The fire broke out on the 3900 block of Forestford Rd., near West End Dr., at 12:42 p.m. Monday.

Video captured by off-duty Richmond Firefighter Nick Waters showed the hose line going through the front door. The video also showed the fire in the attic being put out quickly. The fire was ruled as accidental and caused by bad electrical wiring, according to Battalion Chief John Schaffer.

Crews say a person was home at the time and started vacuuming. She said she saw the fire coming from the electrical panel in the home, which quickly traveled to the attic. Waters said he was impressed how aggressive the crews were in knocking out the fire.

The occupants of the house were renters. Three adults and seven children were displaced, and the American Red Cross was called for assistance. No injuries were reported.

The fire was marked under control at 1:44 p.m.

Copyright 2015 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved.

Report an Error or Submit a Tip to NBC12