Advertisement

Water heater causes carbon monoxide alarm, evacuation at Richmond business

Published: Nov. 5, 2015 at 2:37 PM EST|Updated: Nov. 5, 2015 at 5:07 PM EST
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

RICHMOND, VA (WWBT) - Everyone is being allowed back inside a Richmond business after a carbon monoxide issue earlier Thursday.

Police responded to 1300 Mactavish Ave around 8:20 a.m. for a carbon monoxide alarm. Fire crews arrived and asked everyone to evacuate the building.

Officials gave the all clear upon finding the building had a safe level of carbon monoxide and allowed everyone to return to the building once they were able to determine a water heater on the second floor was the cause of the leak.

No one was sent to the hospital, though they were all checked out at the scene.

Copyright 2015 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved

Report an Error or Submit a Tip to NBC12