CHESTERFIELD, VA (WWBT) - Route 10 in Chesterfield was closed for most of the day Friday, while Columbia Gas of Virginia crews worked with Chesterfield County Fire Department to repair a damaged natural gas line. All lanes have since re-opened.
The repair activity closed several westbound traffic lanes along Route 10.
West Hundred Road (Route 10) was also closed from the 1200 block of W. Hundred Road to Meadowville Road.
What to Do If You Smell Natural Gas (Similar to Rotten Eggs)
- Immediately evacuate the area.
- From a safe location, call 911 and Columbia Gas at 1-800-544-5606.
- Warn others to stay away from the area.
- Leave windows and doors in their current position.
- Avoid open flames or anything that could spark ignition - including cell phones, lights, garage doors, door bells, or other power equipment.
- Do not attempt to operate a pipeline valve or try to correct the leak yourself.
- When emergency personnel arrive explain the situation to them.
Copyright 2015 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved