Advertisement

5 out of home after garage fire in Chesterfield

Published: Feb. 5, 2015 at 11:52 AM EST|Updated: Feb. 15, 2015 at 11:52 AM EST
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn
Chesterfield fire (Source: NBC12)
Chesterfield fire (Source: NBC12)
Chesterfield fire (Source: NBC12)
Chesterfield fire (Source: NBC12)

CHESTERFIELD, VA (WWBT) - Chesterfield Fire crews say an electrical malfunction started a fire that displaced five people from their home Thursday.

Firefighters say the fire started in the garage and spread to the two-story home on Traywick Drive. Neighbors say they could see the smoke from nearly six blocks away.

The fire also spread to the home next door. Everyone got outside from both homes, and no one got hurt.

The garage is completely burned out. Investigators say the fire started at an electrical outlet.

The five adults displaced are being assisted by the Red Cross. The family in the second home was not displaced.

Copyright 2015 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved