Advertisement

Electrical fire at Chesterfield apartment complex displaces families

Published: Nov. 3, 2014 at 4:03 PM EST|Updated: Nov. 3, 2014 at 9:53 PM EST
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

CHESTERFIELD, VA (WWBT) - An electrical malfunction is blamed for an Chesterfield County apartment fire that displaced six families, according to Chesterfield authorities.

Witnesses say they saw heavy smoke pouring from the Crystal Lake Apartments in the 3200 block of Meadowdale Boulevard. When crews arrived, they found a fire in an attached building in the rear of the apartments. Everyone managed to get out, but investigators say a malfunctioning electrical box sparked the fire.

All six units are without power, while two apartments also had smoke and water damage.

The apartment management company is reportedly helping those families find housing within the development.

See more PHOTOS on your mobile device

Copyright 2014 WWBT NBC12. All rights reserved