Nationals vs. Braves Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 21
Ozzie Albies will try to collect his 100th RBI of the year (he has 99) when his Atlanta Braves (97-55) play the Washington Nationals (68-85) at 7:05 PM ET on Thursday.
The Braves will call on Max Fried (7-1) against the Nationals and Jake Irvin (3-6).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Nationals vs. Braves Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Thursday, September 21, 2023
- Time: 7:05 PM ET
- TV: MASN
- Location: Washington D.C.
- Venue: Nationals Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Fried - ATL (7-1, 2.64 ERA) vs Irvin - WSH (3-6, 4.41 ERA)
Explore More About This Game
|Nationals Injury Report|
|Braves vs Nationals Betting Trends & Stats|
|How to Watch Braves vs Nationals|
|Braves vs Nationals Odds|
|Braves vs Nationals Prediction|
Nationals Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Jake Irvin
- Irvin makes the start for the Nationals, his 24th of the season. He is 3-6 with a 4.41 ERA and 98 strikeouts in 118 1/3 innings pitched.
- The right-hander's last time out was on Saturday against the Milwaukee Brewers, when he threw 4 2/3 innings, surrendering four earned runs while allowing three hits.
- The 26-year-old has put up an ERA of 4.41, with 7.5 strikeouts per nine innings in 23 games this season. Opponents are hitting .248 against him.
- Irvin has eight quality starts under his belt this season.
- Irvin will try to collect his 16th outing of five or more innings pitched this season. He averages 5.1 innings per appearance.
- In two of his 23 total appearances this season he has not given up an earned run.
Braves Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Max Fried
- Fried (7-1) will take to the mound for the Braves and make his 14th start of the season.
- The left-hander gave up one earned run and allowed four hits in five innings pitched against the Philadelphia Phillies on Tuesday, Sept. 12.
- The 29-year-old has an ERA of 2.64 and 9.2 strikeouts per nine innings, with a batting average against of .250 in 13 games this season.
- He has earned a quality start six times in 13 starts this season.
- Fried will look to finish five or more innings for the seventh start in a row.
- He has five appearances with no earned runs allowed in 13 chances this season.
Max Fried vs. Nationals
- The Nationals have scored 659 runs this season, which ranks 21st in MLB. They are batting .253 for the campaign with 143 home runs, 29th in the league.
- This season, the left-hander has pitched against the Nationals in one game, and they have gone 4-for-12 with a double and an RBI over 3 1/3 innings.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.