Phillies vs. Cardinals Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 15
The St. Louis Cardinals (65-81) will look for another strong showing from a hitter on a hot streak against the Philadelphia Phillies (79-67) on Friday at 8:15 PM ET, at Busch Stadium. Richie Palacios is riding a two-game homer streak.
This contest's pitching matchup is set, as the Phillies will send Aaron Nola (12-9) to the mound, while Zack Thompson (5-5) will get the nod for the Cardinals.
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Phillies vs. Cardinals Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Friday, September 15, 2023
- Time: 8:15 PM ET
- TV: Apple TV+
- Location: St. Louis, Missouri
- Venue: Busch Stadium
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Nola - PHI (12-9, 4.64 ERA) vs Thompson - STL (5-5, 4.06 ERA)
Phillies Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Aaron Nola
- The Phillies' Nola (12-9) will make his 30th start of the season.
- The right-hander's last start was on Saturday, when he tossed 4 1/3 innings while giving up four earned runs on seven hits in a matchup with the Miami Marlins.
- The 30-year-old has an ERA of 4.64 and 9.4 strikeouts per nine innings, with a batting average against of .241 in 29 games this season.
- In 29 starts this season, he's earned 13 quality starts.
- Nola has started 29 games this season, and he's lasted five or more innings 25 times. He averages 6.1 innings per appearance.
- He has made 29 appearances and finished three of them without allowing an earned run.
Aaron Nola vs. Cardinals
- The Cardinals are batting .252 this season, 13th in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .425 (10th in the league) with 200 home runs.
- The right-hander has faced the Cardinals one time this season, allowing them to go 1-for-22 with a double in seven innings.
Cardinals Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Zack Thompson
- The Cardinals are sending Thompson (5-5) to the mound for his seventh start of the season. He is 5-5 with a 4.06 ERA and 59 strikeouts through 51 2/3 innings pitched.
- In his last appearance on Saturday against the Cincinnati Reds, the left-hander tossed five innings, giving up three earned runs while surrendering five hits.
- The 25-year-old has an ERA of 4.06, with 10.4 strikeouts per nine innings in 22 games this season. Opposing hitters have a .274 batting average against him.
- Thompson has registered one quality start this year.
- Thompson will aim to pitch five or more innings for his third straight start. He's averaging 2.3 innings per outing.
- He has held his opponents without an earned run in 11 of his 22 outings this season.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.