Nationals vs. Royals Probable Starting Pitchers Today - May 26
The Kansas City Royals (15-36) host the Washington Nationals (21-29) to open a three-game series at Kauffman Stadium, with first pitch at 8:10 PM ET on Friday. The Royals are on the back of a series defeat to the Tigers, and the Nationals a series loss to the Padres.
The probable starters are Jordan Lyles (0-8) for the Royals and Patrick Corbin (3-5) for the Nationals.
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM
Nationals vs. Royals Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Friday, May 26, 2023
- Time: 8:10 PM ET
- TV: BSKC
- Location: Kansas City, Missouri
- Venue: Kauffman Stadium
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Lyles - KC (0-8, 6.99 ERA) vs Corbin - WSH (3-5, 4.47 ERA)
Watch live MLB games on all your devices! Sign up now for a free trial to Fubo!
Read More About This Game
Nationals Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Patrick Corbin
- Corbin (3-5 with a 4.47 ERA and 34 strikeouts in 56 1/3 innings pitched) makes the start for the Nationals, his 11th of the season.
- In his most recent appearance on Saturday, the lefty threw six innings against the Detroit Tigers, allowing two earned runs while surrendering six hits.
- The 33-year-old has amassed a 4.47 ERA and 5.4 strikeouts per nine innings during 10 games this season, while allowing a batting average of .291 to his opponents.
- Corbin is trying to build upon a fourth-game quality start streak in this game.
- Corbin is aiming for his 10th straight appearance lasting five or more innings. He averages 5.6 innings per start.
Try FanDuel Fantasy today with our link and make your perfect team!
Royals Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Jordan Lyles
- Lyles (0-8) will take to the mound for the Royals and make his 11th start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up four earned runs in five innings pitched on Saturday in his last outing, a matchup with the Chicago White Sox.
- The 32-year-old has pitched to a 6.99 ERA this season with 6.8 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 3.2 walks per nine across 10 games.
- He has one quality starts in 10 chances this season.
- In 10 starts, Lyles has pitched through or past the fifth inning eight times. He has a season average of 5.6 frames per outing.
- Among qualified pitchers in the majors this year, the 32-year-old ranks 72nd in ERA (6.99), 51st in WHIP (1.324), and 61st in K/9 (6.8).
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.