Nationals vs. Padres Probable Starting Pitchers Today - May 23
The San Diego Padres (21-26) and Washington Nationals (20-27) clash in the first of a three-game series on Tuesday at Nationals Park, at 7:05 PM ET. The Padres are coming off a series defeat to the Red Sox, and the Nationals a series win over the Tigers.
The Padres will give the nod to Yu Darvish (2-3, 3.56 ERA), who is eyeing win No. 3 on the season, and the Nationals will turn to MacKenzie Gore (3-3, 3.69 ERA).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM
Nationals vs. Padres Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Tuesday, May 23, 2023
- Time: 7:05 PM ET
- TV: MASN2
- Location: Washington D.C.
- Venue: Nationals Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Darvish - SD (2-3, 3.56 ERA) vs Gore - WSH (3-3, 3.69 ERA)
Watch live MLB games on all your devices! Sign up now for a free trial to Fubo!
Read More About This Game
|Nationals Injury Report|
|Padres vs Nationals Betting Trends & Stats|
|Padres vs Nationals Player Props|
|How to Watch Padres vs Nationals|
|Padres vs Nationals Odds|
|Padres vs Nationals Prediction|
Nationals Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: MacKenzie Gore
- Gore (3-3) gets the starting nod for the Nationals in his 10th start of the season. He has a 3.69 ERA in 46 1/3 innings pitched, with 58 strikeouts.
- In his most recent appearance on Wednesday against the Miami Marlins, the left-hander tossed 5 1/3 innings, giving up four earned runs while surrendering five hits.
- During nine games this season, the 24-year-old has put up a 3.69 ERA and 11.3 strikeouts per nine innings, while giving up a batting average of .251 to opposing hitters.
- Gore has four quality starts under his belt this season.
- Gore will try to secure his seventh game of five or more innings pitched this season. He averages 5.1 innings per appearance.
Try FanDuel Fantasy today with our link and make your perfect team!
Padres Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Yu Darvish
- The Padres will send Darvish (2-3) to the mound for his ninth start this season.
- The right-hander gave up four earned runs in 5 1/3 innings pitched on Wednesday in his last outing, a matchup with the Kansas City Royals.
- The 36-year-old has an ERA of 3.56, a 3.31 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.125 in eight games this season.
- He has earned a quality start three times in eight starts this season.
- Darvish has eight starts in a row of five innings or more.
- Among qualified major league pitchers this season, the 36-year-old's 3.56 ERA ranks 32nd, 1.125 WHIP ranks 26th, and 9.9 K/9 ranks 18th.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.