Weather forces events in Central Virginia to change plans
RICHMOND, Va. (WWBT) - With the threat of heavy rain and gusty winds on Friday night and Saturday due to Tropical Storm Ophelia, there are several events in Central Virginia making changes.
- Virginia Pridefest 2023, scheduled for Saturday on Brown’s Island, has been postponed. Organizers said in a social media post that they hope to reschedule the event. The Pride after Dark pre-Pride Party on Friday and the Tegan and Sara concert on Sunday are still on. Sunday’s concert has been moved to The National.
- Chesterfield Parks & Rec has canceled the Fall Festival at Historic Eppington. The plan is to hold a similar event in the spring of 2024. Later this fall, an open house for tours of Eppington will be scheduled.
- Hanover County Black Heritage Society’s Music on the Green will be rescheduled to a later date.
- Full Circle’s Miles in Memory event is moving from Deep Run Park to Full Circle Grief Center at 10611 Patterson Ave, Suite 201. Organizers said, “We encourage all virtual participants and in-person participants to run or walk any time throughout the weekend at a location that is meaningful to you.”
- Saturday’s Rabies Clinic at the Chesterfield County Fairgrounds has been canceled.
- The scheduled performance from Rodney Stith at Dogwood Dell is canceled.
- The VCU Massey Comprehensive Cancer Center has postponed the Comprehensive Carnival scheduled for Saturday at the Stuart C. Siegel Center.
- The second day of Bier-Garden at Maymont has been canceled.
- The Richmond Kickers have moved Saturday’s game to 4 p.m. Sunday. Gates open at 3 p.m.
- All in-person visitation has been canceled at Virginia Department of Corrections facilities for Sept. 23-24.
- RVA Big Market in Richmond is canceled on Saturday.
- Youth League Football games at all Richmond parks for Saturday are canceled. Soccer games are also canceled.
- Football games in Henrico County have been moved up to 6:30 p.m. Friday. All other Henrico County Public Schools events for Saturday and Sunday are canceled.
- All after-school activities are canceled for Petersburg City Public Schools
- The Dinwiddie vs. Hopewell and King and Queen County vs. Essex football games were held Thursday night.
Copyright 2023 WWBT. All rights reserved.