RVA Duck Race returning to Brown’s Island on Aug. 5
Attendees can purchase a duck for the chance to win multiple prizes.
RICHMOND, Va. (WWBT) - The RVA Duck Race & Festival of Inclusion, presented by CoStar Group, will return to Brown’s Island on Aug. 5 for another year of fundraising and prizes.
The festival will be held from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. and feature music, family activity zones, vendors and food.
The sensory-friendly event, hosted by the Autism Society of Central Virginia, is designed to accommodate individuals with autism and other developmental disabilities. There will be zoned areas throughout the festival that will offer activities for the whole family.
Attendees will have the opportunity to buy a duck and watch it float down the canal toward the finish line for the chance to win multiple prizes, including a $10,000 grand prize, sponsored by fas mart®.
Ducks are on sale now, with proceeds supporting ASCV’s critical programming and services for the local autism community. Entries start at $7 for one duck, and multiple packages are available.
The first 12 ducks to cross the finish line will win one of these prizes:
- $10,000 Grand Prize sponsored by fas mart®
- A 14kw Generac Whole House Generator with Transfer Switch, provided by Virginia Power Solutions. (Installation not included)
- 3 One-Year RVA Wash Club Memberships at Flagstop Car Wash
- A Richmond Kickers VIP Experience for 8 Friends and Family
- VIP Richmond Flying Squirrels Experience
- $300 Gift Card to Publix
- A Pontoon Adventure by Beyond Boundaries
- $250 Gift Card to Wegmans
- $200 Gift Certificate to RVA Paddlesports
- 6-Month Membership to ACAC
Additional information on the event and duck entry pricing can be found here.
Copyright 2023 WWBT. All rights reserved.