5 teams interested in City Center redevelopment project
RICHMOND, Va. (WWBT) -Five development teams are interested in replacing the Richmond Coliseum.
Tuesday, Dec. 20, was the deadline to submit a “request for interest” in the city center redevelopment project, which includes new housing and retail space and a long-sought hotel to support the convention center.
Richmond received the following teams who expressed their interest:
- Capstone Development, LLC
- City Center Gateway Partners
- Lincoln Property Company
- Richmond Community Development Partners
- Sterling Bilder, LLC
The City Center Evaluation Panel (“Evaluation Panel”) will assess each team’s submitted proposal based on the evaluation criteria, including:
- Development team qualifications – financial capability, years of experience, diversity of the team
- Experience with urban mixed-use projects – experience with urban mixed-use redevelopment projects and proven capacity to deliver project requirements
- Equitable development benefits – employment opportunities, affordable housing, sustainability and resiliency
- Project understanding – a solid understanding of accomplishing the city’s goals
- Financing approach – having provided a financing approach that minimizes public investment.
The city will now review the applications, but they’re expected to pick which groups will move forward until next winter.
Copyright 2022 WWBT. All rights reserved.