Advertisement

Man, firefighter suffers minor injuries after stove fire in Richmond apartment

One man and a firefighter suffered minor injuries after a stove fire occurred in a Richmond...
One man and a firefighter suffered minor injuries after a stove fire occurred in a Richmond apartment.(Richmond Fire Department)
Published: Dec. 2, 2021 at 1:18 PM EST
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

RICHMOND, Va. (WWBT) - One man and a firefighter suffered minor injuries after a stove fire occurred in a Richmond apartment.

Around 10:17 a.m., Richmond fire crews responded to a cooking fire in the kitchen of an apartment located in the 200 block of Dove Street. After arriving on the scene, heavy smoke and flames could be seen coming from a second-floor apartment.

Crews were able to get the fire under control at 10:40 a.m.

All occupants were able to evacuate safely.

One person was taken to the hospital for non-life-threatening injuries. A firefighter was also taken to the hospital for a minor hand injury.

After doing an investigation, the Richmond Fire Investigations Unit says the fire started on the stove. There were no smoke alarms found.

Copyright 2021 WWBT. All rights reserved.

Send it to 12 here.

Want NBC12’s top stories in your inbox each morning? Subscribe here.