Richmond-Henrico Health District administers Pfizer booster shots
RICHMOND, Va. (WWBT) - The Richmond-Henrico Health District (RHHD) is scheduling appointments for booster shots of the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine.
On Tuesday afternoon, the health district opened up a vaccine clinic at Second Baptist Church in Richmond to accommodate those who are eligible to receive the booster.
This comes as the CDC and FDA release their guidance on the booster shot, which will be administered to those who qualify anytime six months following the date of their second dose of the Pfizer vaccine.
Qualified individuals will fall under one of these categories:
- Individuals 65 years or older
- Individuals 18 years or older living in a long-term care setting
- Individuals aged 50–64 years with underlying medical conditions that put them at high risk for severe COVID-19
- Individuals aged 18–49 years with underlying medical conditions that put them at high risk for severe COVID-19 based on their individual benefits and risks
- Individuals aged 18-64 years who are at increased risk for COVID-19 exposure and transmission because of occupational or institutional setting based on their individual benefits and risk
Barbara Starkey-Goode was one of the first people to get to the clinic for her Pfizer booster shot.
“Anything that’s going to protect me and my family is very important,” she said. “It was very important for me to get the booster shot.”
Others, including Barrett Brown and Rudolph Tabb, were also in line to get this booster shot.
“I’m glad to see everyone out. I’ve lost a lot of friends and family because of the virus,” said Tabb.
“I’m just so happy and grateful for all these people coming in to make this possible,” said Brown.
RHHD says those who are interested in getting a Pfizer booster shot must make an appointment by visiting this website, calling (804)-205-3501, or scheduling an appointment in-person at one of their listed events below:
- 9/28/2021: Second Baptist Church from 3-6 p.m. (3300 Broad Rock Blvd, Richmond, VA 23224)
- 9/29/2021: St. Andrews from 9-10:45 a.m. (9801 Fort King Rd, Richmond, VA 23229)
- 9/29/2021: Eastern Henrico Recreation Center from 1-4:30 p.m. (1440 N. Laburnum Ave Henrico, VA 23223)
- 9/30/2021: Cary St. Clinic from 1-4:30 p.m. (400 E Cary St, Richmond, VA 23219)
- 9/30/2021: Westover Hills Elementary from 3-6 p.m. (1301 Jahnke Road Richmond, VA 23225)
- 10/1/2021: Henrico West from 9 a.m.-12 p.m. (8600 Dixon Powers Dr, Richmond, 23228)
- 10/3/2021: Sacred Heart from 10:30 a.m.- 2:30 p.m. (1400 Perry St, Richmond VA 23224)
Copyright 2021 WWBT. All rights reserved.
Want NBC12’s top stories in your inbox each morning? Subscribe here.