Petersburg city offices reopen with COVID-19 safety guidelines
PETERSBURG, Va. (WWBT) - The city of Petersburg government offices will reopen on Aug. 2 to the public with COVID-19 safety guidelines in place.
All visitors and city employees must wear masks and social distance in all buildings regardless of vaccination status.
The Petersburg Department of Social Services and Petersburg Public Library have limited-person customer access.
Petersburg Department of Social Services will have the following restrictions and protocols in place until further notice.
- All customers entering the building will be subject to COVID protocol screenings.
- Masks and social distancing will be required.
- Appointments are strongly encouraged. Call 804-861-4720 press “0” for the operator or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment.
- Walk-ins will be served between 1:00 to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. When the number of customers exceeds the space for social distancing, customers may be asked to remain outside or schedule an appointment.
Petersburg Public Library hours are 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays and 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturdays, and the following guidelines are in place.
- The library will be open by appointment only. Appointments will start on the hour and customers will be allowed to stay for 45 minutes. No more than 25 customers will be allowed in the building at the same time.
- There will be two vacant stations between each computer for social distancing.
- The book stacks will be open.
- Customers must use the parking lot entrance.
- Meeting rooms will remain closed.
- Customers and employees will be required to wear a mask and social distance.
- Temperature checks will be voluntary.
- The drive-through will be open. Customers are asked to ring the bell for service.
Visit the City of Petersburg’s website for more information.
Copyright 2021 WWBT. All rights reserved.
Want NBC12’s top stories in your inbox each morning? Subscribe here.