Seven Virginia ABC laws to go into effect starting July 1
RICHMOND, Va. (WWBT) - The Virginia General Assembly passed seven Virginia ABC-related laws that will go into effect starting on July 1.
Governor Northam signed the following laws:
- Restaurants will continue to serve cocktails to go
- Restaurants with wine and beer licenses will continue to have alcoholic beverages be delivered
- Non-profit corporations can ship and serve wine in closed containers during virtual fundraising events
- Guests can consume alcohol outside of a restaurant as long as they are in a designated outdoor area as long as several blocks
- Retail stores will stop selling low alcohol beverages which are 7.5% or less alcohol by volume unless they were made by a Virginia distiller. Beverages that are above 7.5% will be sold in retail stores.
- Games of skill will be considered unlawful in Virginia. Any local county or city attorney, a Commonwealth’s Attorney and the Attorney General can enforce against unlawful games of skill starting on July 1.
For more information on these law changes, click here.
Copyright 2021 WWBT. All rights reserved.
Want NBC12’s top stories in your inbox each morning? Subscribe here.