RICHMOND, Va. (WWBT) - The Virginia Health Department reported 661,314 total COVID-19 cases in Virginia, a 761 case increase in the past 24 hours.
The health department is also reporting 10,791 deaths and 28,518 hospitalizations since the pandemic began.
A total of 7,066,008 PCR tests have been given throughout the state. The 7-day PCR testing positivity rate decreased to 4.6%.
VDH uses the number of new cases per 100,000 population to describe new infections, not positive tests per 100,000 population because some people will be tested more than once.
There was one new outbreak reported Sunday. The total number of outbreaks remains at 3,107.
A majority of the outbreaks are in long-term care facilities. There are currently 72,616 cases associated with the outbreaks.
Central VA Case Highlights:
- Chesterfield: 27,290 cases, 939 hospitalizations, 423 deaths
- Henrico: 25,038 cases, 1,034 hospitalizations, 602 deaths
- Richmond: 16,823 cases, 792 hospitalizations, 257 deaths
- Hanover: 8,000 cases, 281 hospitalizations, 154 deaths
- Petersburg: 3,812 cases, 162 hospitalizations, 84 deaths
- Goochland: 1,434 cases, 51 hospitalizations, 23 deaths
The numbers reported by the Virginia Health Department are only updated once a day. See the full daily summary and breakdown here.
Copyright 2020 WWBT. All rights reserved.