Residents displaced after electrical fire

Residents displaced after electrical fire
The Richmond Fire Department responded Sunday to an electrical fire on Lawson Street. (Source: Richmond Fire Department)

RICHMOND, Va. (WWBT) - Two residents have been displaced after an electrical fire in Richmond on Sunday, according to a tweet from the Richmond Fire Department.

Crews responded to the 3700 block of Lawson Street in Southside with reports of a house fire. Officials saw smoke coming from an electrical meter outside of the home, but no flames were visible.

Firefighters found a small amount of fire in the walls, which was quickly extinguished.

The residents are displaced until repairs can be made, but no injuries were reported.

Copyright 2021 WWBT. All rights reserved.