RICHMOND, Va. (WWBT) - The Virginia Health Department reported 634,325 total COVID-19 cases in Virginia, a 1,700 case increase in the past 24 hours.
The health department is also reporting 10,458 deaths and 27,161 hospitalizations since the pandemic began.
A total of 6,680,238 PCR tests have been given throughout the state. The 7-day PCR testing positivity rate decreased slightly to 6.1%.
VDH uses the number of new cases per 100,000 population to describe new infections, not positive tests per 100,000 population because some people will be tested more than once.
There were 10 new outbreaks were reported Saturday. The total number of outbreaks remains at 2,952.
A majority of the outbreaks are in long-term care facilities. There are currently 70,170 cases associated with the outbreaks.
Central VA Case Highlights:
- Chesterfield: 26,046 cases, 892 hospitalizations, 404 deaths
- Henrico: 23,856 cases, 992 hospitalizations, 583 deaths
- Richmond: 16,159 cases, 757 hospitalizations, 255 deaths
- Hanover: 7,597 cases, 267 hospitalizations, 148 deaths
- Petersburg: 3,602 cases, 153 hospitalizations, 79 deaths
- Goochland: 1,355 cases, 50 hospitalizations, 23 deaths
The numbers reported by the Virginia Health Department are only updated once a day. See the full daily summary and breakdown here.
Copyright 2020 WWBT. All rights reserved.