RICHMOND, Va. (WWBT) - The Virginia Health Department reported 568,946 total COVID-19 cases in Virginia, a 1,907 case increase in the past 24 hours.
The health department is also reporting 7,807 deaths and 23,798 hospitalizations since the pandemic began.
A total of 5,799,799 PCR tests have been given throughout the state. The 7-day PCR testing positivity rate remains at 8.0%.
VDH uses the number of new cases per 100,000 population to describe new infections, not positive tests per 100,000 population because some people will be tested more than once.
Twenty-four new outbreaks were reported Wednesday. The total number of outbreaks remains at 2,578.
A majority of the outbreaks are in long-term care facilities. There are currently 63,709 cases associated with the outbreaks.
Central VA Case Highlights:
- Chesterfield: 23,245 cases, 775 hospitalizations, 263 deaths
- Henrico: 21,098 cases, 843 hospitalizations, 417 deaths
- Richmond: 14,647 cases, 676 hospitalizations, 171 deaths
- Hanover: 6,578 cases, 251 hospitalizations, 118 deaths
- Petersburg: 3,068 cases, 130 hospitalizations, 43 deaths
- Goochland: 1,201 cases, 40 hospitalizations, 10 deaths
The numbers reported by the Virginia Health Department are only updated once a day. See the full daily summary and breakdown here.
Copyright 2020 WWBT. All rights reserved.