RICHMOND, Va. (WWBT) - Road closures have been enforced in downtown Richmond ahead of Lobby Day.
Police say if you live or work in the area surrounding Capitol Square and downtown, residents should expect disruptions to your usual routines.
The following roads will be closed from 6 a.m. on Jan. 17 to 6 p.m. on Jan. 18:
- 9th Street between E. Main Street and E. Broad Street
- 10th Street between E. Cary Street and Bank Street
- East Main Street between 14th Street and 9th Street
- Bank Street between 14th Street and Governor Street
- Franklin Street between 8th and 9th Streets
- Franklin Street between 7th and 8th Streets
- East Grace Street between 8th and 9th Streets
- East Grace Street between 7th and 8th Streets
- 12th Street between Cary Street and Bank Street
- Monument Avenue between Meadow Street and Lombardy Street
- Allen Avenue between W. Grace Street and Park Avenue
Additional roads may be closed temporarily as needed.
In anticipation of events, signs prohibiting firearms will be placed throughout the city to inform those who may gather that firearms are prohibited at permitted events and events that would otherwise require a permit, as well as areas adjacent to such events.
The Richmond Police Department is continuing to monitor activity in and around Richmond, as well as addressing public safety needs.
Copyright 2021 WWBT. All rights reserved.