SPOTSYLVANIA Co., Va. (WWBT) - Spotsylvania County Public Schools has announced changes to its instructional plan for the new semester that starts on Monday.
Starting on Jan. 4 and continuing through Jan. 15, school officials said the instruction will be done in a distance/virtual learning mode.
“We will follow our current Monday-Friday schedule for synchronous and asynchronous learning. SCPS will continue to monitor the impact of the pandemic on our school system,” a letter to parents said.
The letter said the following will also be in effect during that time:
- The Early Childhood Special Education Programs will take place virtually
- No bus transportation will be provided except for students who participate in Special Education Low Incident Programs
- Buildings will be open for students who participate in Special Education Low Incident Programs and for any student needing internet access
- Food distribution will be provided for students who are in the building for instruction and the Wednesday food distribution at 18 sites will take place as scheduled
- All athletic activities will continue as planned
School officials said the changes are due to an increase in COVID-19 cases and positivity rate, along with employees having to quarantine after potentially being exposed.
To read the full letter, click here.
Copyright 2020 WWBT. All rights reserved.