RICHMOND, Va. (WWBT) - The Virginia Department of Health (VDH) reported 240,063 total coronavirus cases throughout the state Tuesday, a 2,228 case increase from Monday.
The state totals stand at 4,093 deaths as of Tuesday, with 14,725 hospitalizations since the pandemic began.
A total of 3,341,426 tests have been given throughout the state. The 7-day PCR testing positivity rate increased slightly to 8.0 percent. At the peak of the pandemic, that figure was more than 20 percent.
Seventeen new outbreaks were reported Tuesday. The total number of outbreaks in the state is now at 1,539.
A majority of the outbreaks are in long-term care facilities. There are currently 33,810 cases associated with the outbreaks, including 14,100 healthcare workers.
Central VA Case Highlights:
- Chesterfield: 9,443 cases, 499 hospitalizations, 131 deaths
- Henrico: 8,467 cases, 594 hospitalizations, 251 deaths
- Richmond: 6,754 cases, 505 hospitalizations, 82 deaths
- Hanover: 2,473 cases, 163 hospitalizations, 54 deaths
- Petersburg: 1,130 cases, 95 hospitalizations, 31 deaths
- Goochland: 453 cases, 34 hospitalizations, 7 deaths
The numbers reported by the Virginia Health Department are only updated once a day. See the full daily summary and breakdown here.
Copyright 2020 WWBT. All rights reserved.