RICHMOND, Va. (WWBT) - The Virginia Department of Health (VDH) reported 237,835 total coronavirus cases throughout the state Monday, a 1,893 case increase from Sunday.
The state totals stand at 4,062 deaths as of Monday, with 14,619 hospitalizations since the pandemic began.
A total of 3,326,327 tests have been given throughout the state. The 7-day PCR testing positivity rate increased slightly to 7.5 percent. At the peak of the pandemic, that figure was more than 20 percent.
Four new outbreaks were reported Monday. The total number of outbreaks in the state is now at 1,522.
A majority of the outbreaks are in long-term care facilities. There are currently 33,392 cases associated with the outbreaks, including 13,973 healthcare workers.
Central VA Case Highlights:
- Chesterfield: 9,323 cases, 496 hospitalizations, 131 deaths
- Henrico: 8,409 cases, 590 hospitalizations, 251 deaths
- Richmond: 6,712 cases, 505 hospitalizations, 82 deaths
- Hanover: 2,422 cases, 163 hospitalizations, 54 deaths
- Petersburg: 1,123 cases, 94 hospitalizations, 31 deaths
- Goochland: 450 cases, 34 hospitalizations, 7 deaths
The numbers reported by the Virginia Health Department are only updated once a day. See the full daily summary and breakdown here.
Copyright 2020 WWBT. All rights reserved.