Carowinds reopening, with restrictions, for ‘Taste of the Season’ event
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (WBTV) - Carowinds has announced the park is reopening in November and December for a brand new event, “Carowinds Taste of the Season: An Outdoor Holiday Experience.”
The celebration will feature “dozens of sweet and savory tastings, festive themed areas, live shows, and popular rides throughout the park,” officials say.
Carowinds made the announcement, complete with a video, on Twitter Wednesday morning.
The holiday event will only be open at limited capacity on specific dates between November 21 and December 20, so officials urge attendees to reserve their spots when available.
“Stringent health, safety and hygiene protocols will be in place to protect guests and associates. Reservations will be required for all guests to manage capacity and maintain social distance standards," park officials said in a release. "More event details including menu items, entertainment options, activities and rides will be released November 9. Season Passholder reservations open November 9, and single-day tickets (which will automatically be tied to a reservation) will be available beginning November 11.”
“The safety of our guests and associates is always our top priority and our guests can be confident they can visit Carowinds and have fun safely,” said Pat Jones, vice president and general manager at Carowinds. “Our health and safety protocols align with CDC guidance and we incorporated information from company and industry health and safety experts, along with our state and local government officials. We couldn’t be more ready and excited to welcome guests back to the park for this wonderful holiday celebration.”
The new safety protocols include:
- To manage park capacity, every guest will need a reservation. Season passholders can reserve dates through our new online system. A reservation will also be tied to every single-day ticket. Tickets must be purchased in advance.
- A requirement to complete a simple online pre-visit health screening declaration 24 hours prior to admission;
- A touchless temperature screening prior to entering the facility for both guests and associates;
- Requirements for all guests, associates and vendors to wear face coverings that cover the nose and mouth. Face coverings may not have exhalation valves or vents.
- Social distancing markers throughout the park, including ride queue lines;
- Limited guest/associate contact;
- Enhanced cleaning procedures, including additional deep cleaning and sanitization of restrooms, dining facilities and other busy areas;
- Additional hand sanitation stations; and
- Capacity management throughout the park.
For more information, visit Carowinds.com.
Copyright 2020 WBTV. All rights reserved.