RICHMOND, Va. (WWBT) - The U.S. Postal Inspection Service is offering a $10,000 reward to identify suspects responsible for tampering with mail collection boxes across central Virginia.
Multiple mail collection boxes in the Metro Richmond area were tampered with over the weekend, according to a U.S. postal inspector.
The seven locations where these crimes occurred are as follows:
- 4990 Sadler Place (Glen Allen)
- 2000 Starling Drive (near Regency)
- 2100 E. Parham Road (Lakeside)
- 7510 Lady Blair Lane (North Chesterfield)
- 1201 Sycamore Square Dr (Midlothian)
- Genito Road location
- 805 Glenburnie Road (Westhampton area)
Theft of mail in the U.S. is a federal offense and punishable up to five years in prison for each count.
If you have any information regarding these crimes, contact the U.S. Postal Inspection Service at 877-876-2455.
Copyright 2020 WWBT. All rights reserved.