RICHMOND, Va. (WWBT) - Most schools in Central Virginia are scheduled to start after Labor Day, but a lot of parents are still wondering what this year will look like for their kids.
To help answer your questions, some of the major districts have provided parents with numbers, websites and general information to use as resources if they run into any immediate issues once schools start.
- Support for families of Chesterfield County Schools can be found here.
- Students have been provided Chromebooks for learning. Find support for those here.
- In addition, parents have been provided instructions regarding initial Chromebook log-in, student usernames and passwords and access to learning applications.
- Learning spaces will be available at 10 library locations, which includes those locations that are still closed to the public.
- Henrico’s return to school plan can be viewed here.
- Free meals will be provided to all Henrico County students through curbside pickup and bus drop off.
- Families should work directly with their teacher and/or school principal who can provide assistance with the virtual learning plan and schedule.
- A HelpDesk is also reachable via email at firstname.lastname@example.org (Para asistencia en español, llame al 804-527-4604)
- There’s also “Help Chats” - prerecorded videos that people can watch anytime, as well as LIVE discussions.
- Free meals will be provided to all Hanover County students through at least Dec. 31.
- You can call 804-365-8069 with a general question. You can call 804-365-4746 regarding attendance.
- The school district has also released an online guide to help families through the new year.
- For students who need extra support, the division launch an online learning coach handbook.
- For issues with Chromebooks, you can call 804-368-8945 or enter a help ticket.
- Find resources to help your student get through the year here.
- Families needing tech support can call 804-220-0076 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Missing your district? Click here to submit a tip on what resources we should add!
Copyright 2020 WWBT. All rights reserved.