RICHMOND, Va. (WWBT) - Richmond area business, community and government leaders have formed a reopening coalition called “Forward RVA.”
In the days and weeks ahead, ForwardRVA will share tools and resources, which will include the perspectives of RVA’s restaurateurs, retailers, and small business owners.
ForwardRVA will provide free Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) starter toolkits for RVA’s small, local, retail and restaurant businesses with 25 or fewer employees that have remained open or are planning a future reopening.
The PPE kits include face masks, gloves, hand sanitizer, important safety information and “We’re Open” signs.
Small business owners must register in advance for the toolkits and select their pickup location on Forward RVA’s website.
Toolkits will be available for pickup at several locations throughout the region on May 27 and May 28 from 8:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
The pickup locations are:
- Deep Run High School, 4801 Twin Hickory Road, Glen Allen
- Virginia Center Commons (Food Court), 10101 Brook Road, Glen Allen
- Richmond Raceway, 600 E. Laburnum Avenue, Richmond
- Arthur Ashe Center, 3001 N. Arthur Ashe Boulevard, Richmond
- Southside Community Center, 6255 Old Warwick Road, Richmond
- John Tyler Community College – Midlothian (Administration Building), 800 Charter Colony Parkway, Midlothian
- John Tyler Community College – Chester, 13101 Jefferson Davis Highway, Chester
- Southpark Mall (former Sears), 230 Southpark Circle, Colonial Heights
Because the toolkits contain starter quantities of PPE, recipients are encouraged to build up a proper supply for their employees and patrons according to the State’s Forward Virginia guidelines, which can be found by clicking here.
For more information on the PPE Starter Toolkits, ForwardRVA and Forward Virginia, click here.
Copyright 2020 WWBT. All rights reserved.