RICHMOND, Va. (WWBT) - The following stores have announced changes to operating hours and dedicated time for older customers:
- Big Lots is reserving the first operating hour of each day for senior citizens and people who are the most vulnerable to the virus.
- BJ’s Wholesale Club is opening one hour early at 8 a.m. for members who are ages 60 and older.
- Dollar General is adjusting operating hours for older customers.
- Fresh Market is opening stores from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. for seniors and those most at risk for coronavirus.
- Kroger will dedicate the first hour of operation from 7 a.m. to 8 a.m. on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays to seniors and other at-risk customers.
- Publix has senior shopping hours on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 7 a.m. to 8 a.m. Publix pharmacies will open early at 7 a.m. on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
- Target will close at 9 p.m. to restock and clean stores. They also announced dedicated shopping hours for team members and their families.
- Whole Foods stores are open an hour early for customers 60+. Customers should check their local store’s website for specific hours.
- The Market at 25th in Richmond will open for senior citizens from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. Other customers can shop from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Trader Joe’s is reserving the first operating hour of its day for senior citizens. Stores will also have an extra line for seniors outside its front door for a quicker entrance.
- Walgreens is open early for seniors on Tuesdays from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. Customers 55 years and older will receive special discounts on Tuesdays.
- Walmart is open from 7 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. On Tuesdays until April 28, stores will have an hour-long senior shopping event for customers aged 60 and older, one hour before the store opens.
Copyright 2020 WWBT. All rights reserved.