RICHMOND, Va. (WWBT/AP) - The deadline to register to vote in Virginia’s Democratic presidential primary is quickly approaching.
Voters who want to cast a ballot in the March 3 contest must be registered by Monday.
Virginia law doesn’t currently allow same-day registration. Virginians can check or update registration information, here.
To register Virginians must:
- be a U.S. citizen,
- be a resident of Virginia,
- be at least 18 years old by the date of the November General Election (November 3, 2020),
- Note:17 year olds who register by February 10 and turn 18 by November 3, 2020 are eligible to vote in the March 3 Presidential Primary.
- have had voting rights restored if convicted of a felony,
- have had the capacity restored by court order if declared mentally incapacitated,
- not be registered and plan to vote in another state.
The state Board of Elections said in a news release that any Virginian can check or update their registration or register for the first time online.
Registration is also available in person or online.
Copyright 2020 WWBT/AP. All rights reserved.