Richmond home evacuated after report of a gas leak

Fire fighters responded to the home for reports of a gas leak and say it may have been caused from a heating device

Richmond home evacuated after report of a gas leak
Fire fighters believe heating device may be to blame. (Source: wwbt)

RICHMOND, Va. (WWBT) - A home on Arthur Ashe Boulevard was evacuated Sunday afternoon after reports of a gas leak.

Richmond Fire fighters were called to the 200 block of Arthur Ashe around 10:45 this morning.

The family evacuated while fire fighters ventilated the home.

The family was allowed back inside about an hour later. No injuries were reported.

Fire fighters say the gas may have been coming from a heating device.

Copyright 2019 WWBT. All rights reserved.