RICHMOND, Va. (WWBT) - Things just got even more interesting in the fast-food chicken game.
KFC announced Tuesday it is testing its “Chicken and Donuts” menu at select locations, including the Richmond area. And we tried it for ourselves!
Here’s where you can try one near Richmond, according to Bustle:
- 1793A Southcreek One, Powhatan
- 1620 Boulevard, Colonial Heights
- 3011 Oaklawn Boulevard, Hopewell
- 12321 Jefferson Davis Highway, Chester
- 10310 Iron Bridge Road, Chesterfield
- 3335A S. Crater Road, Petersburg
- 5420 Boydton Plank Road, Petersburg
The options are a basket that pairs chicken on the bone or chicken tenders with one or two doughnuts, and a sandwich with a chicken fillet between two glazed doughnuts.
The chicken-and-doughnut meal will cost $5.50 for one doughnut and $7.50 for two doughnuts. The sandwich is $6, or as a combo meal for $8. KFC said customers can also add a doughnut to any meal for $1.
A spokesperson for KFC tells NBC12 that a U.S.-based supplier makes the donuts, which are then fried to order, and hand glazed by the cooks so that they are served hot and fresh for their guests.
The “Chicken and Donuts” menu is also available in Hampton Roads:
- 139 Battlefield Blvd. S, Chesapeake
- 2212 S. Military Hwy., ,Chesapeake
- 12104 Jefferson Avenue, Newport News
- 1716 Monticello Ave, Norfolk
- 15496 Warwick Blvd, Newport News
- 199 W. Ocean View Ave, Norfolk
- 207 W. Mercury Blvd., Hampton
- 556 Newtown Road, Virginia Beach
- 1263 N. Military Highway, Norfolk
- 2072 S. Independence Blvd., Virginia Beach
- 3690 Sewells Point Road, Norfolk
- 3148 Western Branch Blvd., Chesapeake
- 1010 Independence Blvd., Virginia Beach
- 746 J Clyde Morris Blvd., Newport News
Several KFC locations in the Pittsburgh area will be part of the test menu.
KFC’s spokesperson says they will evaluate these initial test market results carefully through sales as well as customer and franchisee feedback to determine if they want to move forward for a potential nationwide roll out.
The sandwich will be available until Oct. 13th.
Copyright 2019 WWBT. All rights reserved.