RICHMOND, Va. (WWBT) - Richmond’s annual leaf collection program began on Oct. 1 and vacuum service begins on Nov. 1.
Residents can call 311 or 646-LEAF for schedule information. Residents requesting vacuum service can do that through the RVA311.com customer service portal starting Oct. 21.
Vacuum service can be paid for in person at the DPW main office on the 7th floor of City Hall; mail in payment to DPW at 700 E. Broad St., Suite 704, Richmond, VA 23219, or if you request the service online, it can be added to your utility bill.
Here are the following options for service.
Bag Collection - 10 bags
- Begins Oct. 1
- Up to 10 bags collected on trash day
- Biodegradable plastic bags preferred
- Place bags near supercan
Unlimited Bag Collection by Sector
- Wednesday trash collection
- Leaves collected between Oct. 30 - by Nov. 13
- Thursday trash collection
- Leaves collected between Nov. 14 - Nov. 23
- Monday trash collection
- Leaves collected between Nov. 25 - Dec. 09
- Tuesday trash collection
- Leaves collected between Dec. 10 - Dec. 28
$30 Vacuum Service
- Begins November 1 and will continue based upon available funding
- Rake leaves to front property line
- Request by calling 3-1-1
- RVA311.com (online or mobile app)
- 15-day window provided, based upon availability.
- Leaves must be raked and ready for pick-up when service request is made.
Dispose of loose leaves at:
- East Richmond Convenience Center, 3800 East Richmond Road, Richmond, VA
- Maury Landfill, 2900 Maury Street, Richmond, VA
Copyright 2019 WWBT. All rights reserved.