RICHMOND, VA (WWBT) - Amtrak plans to cancel trains and modify service starting Saturday, Dec. 8 through Tuesday, Dec. 11 due to a winter storm expected to impact Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina.
The following operating plan will be adjusted:
- The Crescent 20 (New Orleans - New York) is canceled on Saturday, Dec. 8.
- The Cardinal 50 (Chicago - New York) will operate Chicago to Indianapolis on Saturday, Dec. 8.
- The Silver Star 92 (Miami - New York) will operate Miami to Jacksonville, Fl., on Saturday, Dec. 8, and Sunday, Dec. 9.
- Northeast Regional 145 (New York to Roanoke, Va.) will operate New York to Washington, D.C., on Sunday, Dec. 9.
- The Crescent 19 (New York - New Orleans) is canceled on Monday, Dec. 10.
- The Silver Star 91 (New York to Miami) will operate from Jacksonville, Fl., to Miami on Monday, Dec. 10, and Tuesday, Dec. 11.
- Northeast Regional 176 (Roanoke, Va., to New York) will operate Washington, D.C., to New York on Monday, Dec. 10.
- The Cardinal 51 (New York - Chicago) will operate Indianapolis to Chicago on Monday, Dec. 10.
The following trains are canceled for Sunday, Dec. 9:
- Auto Train 52/53 (Lorton, Va. - Sanford, Fla.)
- Crescent 19/20 (New York to New Orleans)
- Silver Meteor 97/98 (Miami - New York)
- Carolinian 79/80 (New York - Charlotte)
- Piedmont 73/74, 75/76, 77/78 (Raleigh - Charlotte)
Anyone planning to travel should check the status of the train on the Amtrak website or mobile app prior to departing.