Toad's Place cancels all weekend concerts - NBC12 - WWBT - Richmond, VA News On Your Side

Toad's Place cancels all weekend concerts

Posted by Colby Rogers - email

RICHMOND, VA (WWBT) - Shows scheduled for the Richmond concert venue Toad's Place have been canceled for the weekend.

The move comes days after the property owner shut down the venue, stating that their tenant, Charles Joyner, was not paying the rent.

Tickets for the Busta Rhymes concert that had been scheduled for Friday were still available as late as Wednesday.

The owners of BK Music say that ticketholders who purchased them through their store can bring them back for a full refund.

Ticketholders who made the purchase online may have a tougher time.

Philip Parham says he purchased his tickets online and has been working to get a refund since the venue was shut down.

"I've been calling, trying to get a response from the people promoting or having the concert, but no one calls back," Parham said.

Parham says since the concert has been officially called off, he'll be calling his credit card company to try and resolve the deal.

(c) 2009. WWBT, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

  • Trending StoriesTrending StoriesMore>>

  • Surprising cause of death in teen boating accident creates 'Raven's Rule'

    Surprising cause of death in teen boating accident creates 'Raven's Rule'

    Wednesday, May 24 2017 3:34 PM EDT2017-05-24 19:34:33 GMT

    16-year-old Raven Little-White died in August, after a boating accident on Lake Waccamaw. The medical examiner’s report lists “drowning” as the probable cause of death, but a toxicology report that came back later revealed Raven had actually succumbed to carbon monoxide poisoning.

    More >>

    16-year-old Raven Little-White died in August, after a boating accident on Lake Waccamaw. The medical examiner’s report lists “drowning” as the probable cause of death, but a toxicology report that came back later revealed Raven had actually succumbed to carbon monoxide poisoning.

    More >>
Powered by Frankly